[Virtualacorn-list] VRPC Suddenly Become Very Slow

Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com
Sat Jul 19 15:14:42 BST 2014

After a power cut earlier today, VRPC wouldn't bootup. Had this before, so
knew to change Boot system to HostFS. As usual CMOS was messed up, so reset
to my preferred options. This usually sorts out VRPC, but this time, VPRC is
running very slowly. Mouse pointer jerks around screen & text import lags.

SO I restarted VRPC a couple of times, but I now see that the Mips etc is
very low.

On bootup Mips=400, Fps=60 & Sys=24

Within seconds of bootup they drop to Mips=4 (four), Fps=10 & Sys=24.

So I assume Windows 8.1 is crippling VRPC, but why? And how do I fix it?

TIA

--
Mik Towse * mik.towse at xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk