[Virtualacorn-list] RO 5.20 on VRPC

Steffen Huber steffen at huber-net.de
Thu Jan 9 18:21:51 GMT 2014

> ATimbrell at aol.com wrote:
> If this VirtualRPC is an SE or SA version (which I suspect)
> then each bank can have up to 64Mb of RAM configured.
> Making a total of 128Mb

I don't think that something with a memory limit of 128 MB RAM should
be called "Virtual Risc PC", because it surely does not fully emulate a
Risc PC.

Even an A7000 had a maximum of 132 MB (or, in the case of the "+" model,
136 MB) RAM. So maybe calling it "Virtual nearly-an-A7000" would be
nearer to the truth.

Of course this is a largely academic discussion in a post-RPC world with
powerful native hardware with 1 GB RAM and an operating system
supporting it. Hopefully, native emulation via Aemulor and ADFFS will
take over from x86 based emulation as the best way to keep the old 26bit
only software running.

Obviously Aaron will have different hopes :-)

Steffen

--
Steffen Huber           LambdaComm System - Welcome to Trollinger Country
steffen at huber-net.de
Private homepage http://www.huber-net.de/