[Virtualacorn-list] RO 5.20 on VRPC

ATimbrell at aol.com ATimbrell at aol.com
Thu Jan 9 11:35:45 GMT 2014

rogerarm at freeuk.com writes:

>> Roger, I think we've previously discussed this problem but  please
>> could you remind me why you can't configure the kit to use  the ARM7500
>> core with 256MB RAM.

>If you can show me how,  that would be great.
>ATM I  have:

>[Ram]
>base=0x10000000
>size=128Mb

>[Ram]
>base=0x18000000
>size=48Mb

>And  even that Aaron says is illegal, I think he says I should only be
>using  32Mb on the latter [Ram].

I'm not sure how/why I would say that configuring VirtualRPC in
this way would be 'illegal'. I can certainly see why things would
go badly wrong with the way you've configured it.

If this VirtualRPC is an SE or SA version (which I suspect)
then each bank can have up to 64Mb of RAM configured.
Making a total of 128Mb

If this is an Adjust/Adjust-SA there will only be 1 RAM bank
which can be configured up to 256Mb.

The configuration you have made is 100% guaranteed to cause
memory problems, so I'm not at all surprised that you
run out of memory.

Aaron