[Virtualacorn-list] A little problem

T.O.M.S. admin at toms12.plus.com
Tue Jan 7 13:44:13 GMT 2014

On Tue Jan 7 10:54:55 GMT 2014 Roger Darlington rogerarm at freeuk.com
sayeth:

On 30 Sep 2013, Dave Symes  wrote:

>> More to the point on MY machine that went TU at the end of 2012 my
>> VRPC install was on a Win XP OS, I just copied the whole VRPC
>> from it to the new Win 7 Pro machine (Exactly as now to the same
>> named place) and after entering the new unlock code, it just
>> worked.

> That way around is worthy of note if  you haven't already said that
> elsewhere T.O.M.S.

Thank for the nudge Roger. We did mention it in Supplement 7 to
VirtualRPC In Use (July 2011, last 3 paras on p26) although that was
specific to moving an existing VirtualRPC installation onto a netbook.
But it should work in principle with any similar transfer and it's
nice to know that (as Dave said) it worked when going from Windows XP
to 7.

Alex Hamilton
pp T.O.M.S.