[Virtualacorn-list] Start-up oddity

John Woodhouse mail at JohnWoodhouse.co.uk
Mon Dec 29 21:13:07 GMT 2014

     [Hope this re-post, as a new thread, can replace John
     Woodhouse's message of Dec28.  Unfortunately it was a
     "reply" to unrelated messages with subject of "Digest".]

Just recently I have had an error crop up which interrupted the start
sequence. On the first occasion I did a 'Re-start', then 'Ignore' on
the next one. It did not appear to have affected anything until I
tried to get Popstar to pick up my emails, which it was unable to do.

Since then, having altered nothing, the error has not re-appeared and
everything is back to normal on subsequent starts.

Has anyone seen this before? It is a new one to me. The error message
reads "Machine startup has not completed successfully: 'Route: socket:
Protocol not supported' " 'Ignore' & 'Retry' box options.

Any ideas as to what happened?

John

--