[Virtualacorn-list] Windows 8.1 External drives

Brian Jordan brian.jordan9 at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 12 14:27:01 BST 2014

I have connected a USB external hard drive to my WINDOWS 8.1 machine. It
has two partitions which show as mounts on my VA and I am able to read
and write to and from both. However I can't delete directories, even
empty ones, from the mounts using VA. I repeatedly get an error box
headed "Moving files" and an error message "Error when renaming
HostFS::VA......." and an access violation message.Weirdly I can
routinely both move and rename the offending directories.

Presumably I have missed a setting somewhere in Windows but I can't find
it. Can someone throw a little light?

Thanks

Brian Jordan
Virtual RPC-AdjustSA on Windows 8.1 Pro