[Virtualacorn-list] End of Microsoft support for Windows XP

David J. Ruck druck at druck.org.uk
Wed Apr 23 18:27:47 BST 2014

On 23/04/2014 10:31, lists wrote:
> Just thinking about this aspect. XP is a mature system and by now I would
> expect the majority of its vulnerabilities have already be been
> discovered, attacked and patched. Of course some will remain but they must
> be becoming increasingly hard to find. W8, on the other hand, is an
> entirely fresh opportunity.

There are plenty more in XP that's guarenteed. But the real problem is
malware writers don't even have to look for them any more, Microsoft
will hand them all the information on a plate. Any patch which is issued
for a later OS will be analysed to see if the same vulnerability is in
XP, and if it is, Microsoft will never fix it, so it can be exploited
for ever more.

Remember its not just XP, but all the outdated software you are also
running on it, such as Office 2003 and earlier.

Cheers
---David
Email: druck at druck.org.uk
Phone: +44-(0)7974 108301