[Virtualacorn-list] End of Microsoft support for Windows XP

lists Stuartlists at orpheusinternet.co.uk
Wed Apr 23 10:31:47 BST 2014

In article <14E6E31B9A804195BAF52A48F8B00F47 at philipsdesktop>,
   T.O.M.S. <admin at toms12.plus.com> wrote:
> but whether the malware brigade (a.k.a. the
> blithering idiots) will now concentrate on XP remains to be seen.

Just thinking about this aspect. XP is a mature system and by now I would
expect the majority of its vulnerabilities have already be been
discovered, attacked and patched. Of course some will remain but they must
be becoming increasingly hard to find. W8, on the other hand, is an
entirely fresh opportunity.

--
Stuart Winsor