[Virtualacorn-list] A little problem

ATimbrell at aol.com ATimbrell at aol.com
Mon Sep 30 10:20:00 BST 2013

In a message dated 30/09/2013 06:54:43 GMT  Daylight Time,
dave at triffid.co.uk writes:
In article  <76d0f69253.Alan.Adams at iyonix.adamshome.org.uk>,
Alan  Adams <alan at adamshome.org.uk> wrote:
>> In message  <5392eaaf6bdave at triffid.co.uk>
>>            Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

>>> <snip>
>>> Next!
>>>  Dave

>> When you did the install, did you "run as administrator". I  seem to
>> remember comments that this mattered on Windows7, but I  don't remember
>> any details.

>Yup!  indeedy.
>Installed as Administrator, Run as administrator.
>Tried  as everything, including the Win compatibility testing tool, which
>at the  end of the process tries to run the app, leading to the "Failed to
>find  config file" error message (From VRPC).

>Thanks for the thoughts,  appreciated.

When you have a problem like this the best first approach  (when
running Windows) is to look  here:

http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/support/articles/indexpc.htm

There  is a lot of stuff in these articles and I'm adding to them
over time as new  versions of Windows appear.

I suspect that this particular  article:

http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/support/articles/138/index.htm

is  likely to hold the solution.

Aaron (VirtualAcorn)