[Virtualacorn-list] How do I register

Tim Powys-Lybbe tim at powys.org
Sat Sep 22 15:21:30 BST 2012

On 22 Sep at 14:37, lists <Stuartlists at orpheusinternet.co.uk> wrote:

> I have had VA on my PC for quite a time but never really used it. I
> have now moved my PC downstairs alongside my Kinetic and I am starting
> to look at it seriously.
>
> I know there is a VA forum and have looked at the index page but I
> cannot for the life of me see how I register. I see a login, which on
> most sites would be accompanied by a "register" dialogue, but I have
> bee all over the VA site and cannot see how to register anywhere.
>
> Can someone please point me to the proper place.

Aaron posted this on the VA site in Nov 2011:

"Our web hostings company moved the VirtualAcorn website to a new server
at the end of last week. Since then there has been a flood of automated
registration requests appearing on these Forums. Removing these can be
quite time consuming, as they are appearing ever few minutes and each
has to be manually checked in case it is a real VirtualAcorn user.

"To deal with this problem I have temporarily disabled new Forum
registrations. If any genuine VirtualAcorn users need to register in
this period (users only need to register to post on the Forums, there is
no need to register just to read/search) then please contact me directly
via e-mail."

Tim Powys-Lybbe                                           tim at powys.org
             for a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/