[Virtualacorn-list] Problems upgrading 4.02 to 4.39

T.O.M.S. admin at toms12.plus.com
Sat Nov 24 13:49:51 GMT 2012

Hello Folks

On Sat Nov 24 12:48:02 GMT 2012 Peter Young pnyoung at ormail.co.uk
sayeth:

> maybe I'll have to buy the Select version of VRPC;

Er, don't understand... If you've got the VirtualRPC RISC OS 4.02 to
4.39 uprade CD, I think that means you do already have the 'Select'
version, as at the point it was released as RISC OS v4.39 (i.e.
VirtualRPC-AdjustSA), some years ago.

AFAICT, you can upgrade to subsequent (= post-Adjust) versions of
Select only by installing RISC OS 6 over the top of
VirtualRPC-AdjustSA.

My apologies if that's cr*p. Can anyone confirm or correct me on the
above please?

> presumably one can have two copies of VRPC on the machine, as
> long as they're not both running at the same time?

For test purposes, we have multiple versions installed on some of our
machines. And it's certainly possible to run them at the same time in
separate Windows windows (if you see what I mean).

Any one can then be put into full-screen mode if desired.

Alex Hamilton
pp T.O.M.S.