[Virtualacorn-list] No 'Off' on Shutdown window

Roger Darlington rogerarm at freeuk.com
Mon Mar 21 08:21:14 GMT 2011

On 19 Mar 2011, Mik Towse  wrote:

> One unconnected thing came to mind, after the reinstall. IIRC someone
> commented that their VRPC was running very sluggishly; pointer skip etc.
> This was the situation for me after teh reinstall & VRPC wasn't the problem.
> If you use a desktop font, the default font cache size is probably too small.
> Increasing this to 512 (say> & the max (1020) will stop that.

It was I who was (and still is!) sufferrng this red drag sluggishness
exhibited to most note effect in !Draw (but present all the time)..
I have checked my font cache size, it is defititely set to 1020K.

I still beleive the problem to be a bug in the code for the SHUTDOWN
process. Removing the piece of code responsible for the SHUTDOWN
process entirely eliminates the swirling red line slow-down problem
(but then I can't properly shut RO down!).

--

Cheers
Roger