[Virtualacorn-list] Comparison of VRPC on Mac or Windows 7

Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com
Fri Mar 4 13:45:26 GMT 2011

In article <c05a9bae51.chris at o2.co.uk> Chris Hughes  wrote:
> In message <4D70A10D.8050406 at druck.org.uk>
>           "David J. Ruck" <druck at druck.org.uk> wrote:
> > It is possible to do as a 3rd party did with MouseSync.dll as part of
> > CallWin32 about 10 years ago when VRPC was still Red Squirrel. It
> > seamlessly changed the pointer between the Windows and RISC OS ones when
> > entering and leaving the window, and was indispensable to smooth use of
> > VRPC.
>
> > However it was broken by an update to VRPC around 5 years ago, and
> > despite many promises (see topics on VA forums), this essential
> > functionality has still not be incorporated in to the product.
> There is a free development SDK kit available from VA now see news
> area of website
I suppose, in principle, that's great, but in reality what does this
actually mean for most users? I don't have the skill or knowledge to produce
this essential upgrade. I suspect most VRPC users are in a similar position,
which probably means the likelihood of VRPC being changed to allow something
like MouseSync.dll to work is practical zero.

--
Mik Towse * mik.towse at xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net