[Virtualacorn-list] Comparison of VRPC on Mac or Windows 7

Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com
Thu Mar 3 18:36:03 GMT 2011

In article <e54334ae51.chris at o2.co.uk> Chris Hughes  wrote:
> In message <51AE1ECCF0%mik.towse at xemik.com>
>           Mik Towse <mik.towse at xemik.com> wrote:
> > So do I, but I do all my web browsing with WXP Firefox & VPRC doesn't
> > like going from full screen to Firefox. I use 1440x900 on ROS which, of
> > course, it retains whether in a wdw or fullscreen. So the upshot of using
> > VRPC in a wdw is that the view is smaller! Now if it was possible to
> > combine (or hide?) the Windows pointer when it's over an ROS wdw, I'd be
> > very happy.
> You do realise you can remove the windows pointer while running VRPC
> in a window, click on the second icon from left (i.e. the one next to
> the disc icon) in the bar at top of screen, this turns the windows
> pointer off leaving just the RISC OS one and to get the Windows one
> back just do ALT and ENTER on keyboard while VRPC is the active window
> and the window pointer returns. - This is in the VRPC manual.
Yes, I do know about this, but it's totally impractical to do this if you
frequently switch between ROS & WXP. When I'm reading my emails, I could be
clicking on links every minute or so.

ROS can register when the mouse pointer enters a window, so surely Windows
can do that, too. Unsafe assumption I know, but I have a vague recollection
that Aaron was looking into the possiblity that the 2 pointers could be
merged or the Windows pointer turned off when the pointer enters the ROS wdw.

* Hm, that's an oddly appropriate random tag! :o)
--
Mik Towse * mik.towse at xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

Microsoft should abandon the funny looking Windows logo
and just hoist the Jolly Roger. LinuxToday