[Virtualacorn-list] Comparison of VRPC on Mac or Windows 7

Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com
Thu Mar 3 10:14:11 GMT 2011

In article <bbe814ae51.rogerarm at rogerarm.freeuk.com> Roger Darlington  wrote:
> On 2 Mar 2011, David Pitt  wrote:
> [snip]
> [Do any other PC programs suddenly jump out of full-screen mode into a
> black screen, requiring 2 <ALT-RETURNS> to go back to full-screen mode
> again?]
Yes, & much worse. Civilaistion V does this, but if the opening video is set
to play, it does actually kill he m/c. And this program was released last
year!

> Only much later did I find out myself that in the case of VA-RPC, 2
> <Alt-Returns> were necessary. Perhaps a case of RTFM?
> > Anyway full screen is the one to use.
> I use this 'mode' all the time. I haven't paid over the odds for a
> monitor with an enormous number of pixels only to reduce the number of
> useful pixels to that of a £300 monitor! That would have been utterly
> pointless. I need all of the real estate all for RO :-))
So do I, but I do all my web browsing with WXP Firefox & VPRC doesn't like
going from full screen to Firefox. I use 1440x900 on ROS which, of course, it
retains whether in a wdw or fullscreen. So the upshot of using VRPC in a wdw
is that the view is smaller! Now if it was possible to combine (or hide?) the
Windows pointer when it's over an ROS wdw, I'd be very happy.

--
Mik Towse * mik.towse at xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

If at first you don't succeed, crunch it.