[Virtualacorn-list] Comparison of VRPC on Mac or Windows 7

David Pitt pittdj at pittdj.co.uk
Thu Mar 3 09:37:37 GMT 2011

Roger Darlington <rogerarm at freeuk.com> wrote:

> On 2 Mar 2011, David Pitt  wrote:

[snip]

> > Anyway full screen is the one to use.
>
> I use this 'mode' all the time. I haven't paid over the odds for a monitor
> with an enormous number of pixels only to reduce the number of useful
> pixels to that of a £300 monitor! That would have been utterly pointless.
> I need all of the real estate all for RO :-))

There is one circumstance where windowed mode is a must but fortunately that
only applies on the Mac here, where it is not a problem. I use Mac's Spaces
which give a number of virtual desktops. Fullscreen in not only full screen
it is the only screen, the other virtual desktops are unreachable with VRPC
in fullscreen mode. In windowed mode one can move around at will, and there
is no cursor issue as there would be on Windows, the cursor changes between
Mac and RISC OS as it enters and leaves VRPC.

--
David Pitt