[Virtualacorn-list] Comparison of VRPC on Mac or Windows 7

Roger Darlington rogerarm at freeuk.com
Thu Mar 3 08:26:08 GMT 2011

On 2 Mar 2011, David Pitt  wrote:

[snip]

> I only recently became aware of the two alt-enters work around, and not
> knowing that made it a bigger issue.

I agree entirely Dave. When it happened to me the first few times
(when I was new to VA-RPC) I just re-set the PC (as I would do for any
real RPC that had 'apparently' crashed, not knowing that:

a) I should never reset a PC unless absolutely necessary

and

b) that two Alt_Returns was all that was required to get it back
again. Should it really been necessary to have to do this, though, if
VA-RPC was better behaved? [Do any other PC programs suddenly jump out
of full-screen mode into a black screen, requiring 2 <ALT-RETURNS> to

Only much later did I find out myself that in the case of VA-RPC, 2
<Alt-Returns> were necessary. Perhaps a case of RTFM?

> Anyway full screen is the one to use.

I use this 'mode' all the time. I haven't paid over the odds for a
monitor with an enormous number of pixels only to reduce the number of
useful pixels to that of a £300 monitor! That would have been utterly
pointless. I need all of the real estate all for RO :-))

--

Cheers
Roger