[Virtualacorn-list] Comparison of VRPC on Mac or Windows 7

Alan Adams alan at adamshome.org.uk
Wed Mar 2 18:01:57 GMT 2011

In message <mpro.lhfbas00002g200dr.pittdj at pittdj.co.uk>
          David Pitt <pittdj at pittdj.co.uk> wrote:

<snip>
> Rather more serious is the terminal "failure to create primary surface"
> error also caused by a Windows event, it may be that this is associated with
> using VRPC in a Windows window. Other than that VRPC on Windows is stable,
> or put another way I have only crashed it once!

Interestingly, I've used VRPC for about 5 years on two laptops, and
the only time I have seen this message was when I tried to start two
copies at once. I normally run full-screen, and hibernate with VRPC
running. That does sometinmes result in the black screen, requiring
two alt-enters to recover - a minor problem for me at least.

<snip>

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan at adamshome.org.uk