[Virtualacorn-list] Triple or quadruple click on Windows7

Paul Sprangers p.sprangers at sprie.nl
Fri Jun 24 18:10:27 BST 2011

Op 24-6-2011 17:59, Alan Adams schreef:

> ctrl-shift-F12 - what happens?

The well known question is asked (Are you sure etc.).
After clicking on Shutdown, the Windows desktop returns with an empty VA
window and a Windows error box, saying that VirtualAcornRPC isn't
working and a solution is being searched (I use the Dutch version of
W7). After some seconds I'm asked to terminate the program. It's all
very Windows and nothing surprising (I mean: in comparison with other
programs that sometimes fail).

> ctrl-alt-delete, Stop Process on VA - what happens?

 From a screen of choices, I click on Start Task Management (or
something like that - again, I use the Dutch version).
Then the Windows Desktop returns and the rest is as described above.

By the way, if I return to the desktop from VA by clicking Alt-Return,
and try to quit from there - either by clicking on the close button, or
choosing Close Window from the task bar, or pressing Alt-F4, then
nothing happens. The only way to shutdown from there is using
ctrl-alt-delete.

> Any other routes? what result?

I haven't yet tried to throw the laptop out of the window, although I
had to suppress the desire from time to time.
However, that had nothing to do with VA, which works absolutely fine,
except for these tiny little niggles.

Kind regards,
Paul Sprangers