[Virtualacorn-list] Triple or quadruple click on Windows7

Paul Sprangers p.sprangers at sprie.nl
Thu Jun 23 08:43:18 BST 2011

Op 21-6-2011 7:22, Dave Symes schreef:

> In Win 7.
> If you open up Control Panel
> Administrative tools
> There's a short cut to "Event Viewer"

Yes, I found it. At the moment it is 'reading data...' since about one hour.
My laptop must be full of historical events.

> You can do a temporary and timed OFF of AVG.
> Right click the AVG Task bar icon.
> Open "AVG User interface"
> Menu Bar "Tools" "Advanced Settings"
> Second item from the bottom in the LH pane, "Temporarily disable AVG
> protection."
>
> Going through that you'll get a dialogue where you can set a time limit
> etc.

Good, I've found that one too.
If the Event viewer has finished its reading, and it won't offer
anything sensible (that is, sensible to silly me), I will try shutting
down AVG temporary and see what happens if I fire up VA.
For some reason, however, I feel that it won't make much difference. But
of course, such feeling may very well be a result of silliness.

> One last thought, might be a herring, but worth a mention.
> With regard to this Win 7 install, even thought it's installed on a Win 7
> machine, it has to be run in Win XP SP3 compatibility mode

I think I've tried every compatibility mode that is offered (quite a
lot), but none of them made any notable difference.
Contrary to your experience, my copy runs happily in native W7 mode -
except for the 4-click and failed shutdown of course, but they don't
disappear in any of the compatibility modes.

Kind regards,
Paul Sprangers