[Virtualacorn-list] Triple or quadruple click on Windows7

P. Sprangers P.Sprangers at sprie.nl
Sun Jun 19 10:20:14 BST 2011

Jeremy Nicoll wrote:

> What do you mean by "VirtualAcorn map"?

Apologise, a Dutch word slipped through. 'Map' is Dutch for 'folder'.
(The Dutch translation of the English word 'map', by the way, is 'kaart',
which has a second meaning of the similar pronounced word 'card', which in
turn is where the original meaning of 'folder' is more or less shining
through. Languages that belong to the same family are not just related,
they're entangled.)

> What happens if you navigate in explorer to the folder containing the VA
> program, then right-click it and choose "Run As..." (or whatever W7
> offers)?

Whether I run the program as an administrator or not makes no difference at
all.

> I put some other ideas in a reply to someone else's post.
> [etc.]

Thank you very much for your suggestions. However, they don't seem to be
valid for VirtualAcorn. There's no other program in Windows7 that needs a
quadruple click at all and no... VRPC didn't lose its proper registration.

On the contrary!
I've reinstalled my old VRPC-SE several times, which is a tedious work, the
more so since it needs to do all of the internet updates every time as
well. Therefore, I recently decided to order a brand new copy with all the
updates pre-installed.

Now I have two copies, a very old VRPC-SE and a brand new VRPC-SA.
Both of them can only be started by quadruple clicking and both of them
fail to shut down properly. It's not exactly a disaster (which is proved by
the fact that it took me about 1 year, before posting this experience), but
if there IS a solution, I would nevertheless love to hear about.

Kind regards,
Paul Sprangers