[Virtualacorn-list] Windows panes flashing under dead full-screen RO

David Pitt pittdj at pittdj.co.uk
Tue Nov 16 10:15:12 GMT 2010

Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <mpro.lbywip00001yh0153.pittdj at pittdj.co.uk>,
>    David Pitt <pittdj at pittdj.co.uk> wrote:
> [Snippy]
> > Just a thought/guess is XP SP3 compatiblity enabled.
>
> > David Pitt
>
> Now that is a very interesting thought.
>
> The VRPC install I have on my Laptop running Win 7, has always needed to
> be set to run in Compatibility mode for Win XP SP3 otherwise a few funny
> things happen.

I have half a suspicion that one gets to choose which funny things happen! I
certainly had to disable it, but I never bothered with VAclipboard which is
where a conflict may arise.

I have another half a suspicion that Chris Hughes is onto something
significant in a post on archive-online about the (mis)use of the Program
Files directory.

But in this case two halves may not make one sensible story in the same way
as beer would.

I only have 32bit Windows 7s, in case that is relevant.

--
David Pitt