[Virtualacorn-list] FontDirPro? Will it work on VA?

Chris Newman cvjazz at waitrose.com
Tue Jul 27 23:39:50 BST 2010

In article <dccff03c51.rogerarm at rogerarm.freeuk.com>,
   Roger Darlington <rogerarm at freeuk.com> wrote:

> I bought FontDirPro for my other computer.

> Indeed, does RO 4.39 (or RO6.xx) do away with the need to have a font
> manager for when the number of fonts exceeds a certain number?

> What Font Manager do folk use? Is one already installed somewhere?

I use easy Font Pro from APDL (£19.99) on VA 4.02. Works well & is fairly
easy to use. It can scan documents to open the necessary fonts, has a font
viewer etc..

http://www.apdl.co.uk/isv/efpro.htm

Fontastic from The Really Small Software Company is free.

http://www.reallysmall.co.uk/Pages/normal/software/misc/misc.html

Font Manager 2 by Tom tanner is shareware & also worth looking at. However,
when I tried to access the link with Netsurf it generated an error but
Phoenix (from ROOL) got there OK.

Hope this helps.

http://www.orpheusweb.co.uk/ttehtann/Programmes/index.html

--