[Virtualacorn-list] 27 inch iMac with SA-VRPC ?

Roger Darlington rogerarm at freeuk.com
Mon Jan 4 12:57:25 GMT 2010

I see that Apple have released a new version of iMac with 27 inch
screen and core i7 processor(s).

Before I splash out on either an SA-VRPC or a 27" iMac can any users
comment about this, and suggest which processor options would provide
any speed improvements when running SA-VRPC.

Naturally, I would want to run SA-VRPS at the full resolution of the
screen, which I think is something like 2560 x 1440. And I would want
it at full colour depth, 24 or 32 bit, whatever.

Bearing in mind the above max resolution stipulation

1) Which processor would provide the greatest RISC OS speed, the dual
core at up to 3.33GHz, or the quad core at up to 2.8GHz.

2) naturally I would want the graphics speed to equal or better that
of an Iyonix with Geminus Accelerator.

3) How much memory should I go for? What amount of memory does
increasing it no longer make VA-RPC run any faster/smoother? In
practical terms. 16GB to me sounds excessive, would that make SA-VRPC
faster than say would 8GB, or 4GB?

Graphics performance and graphics speed is of paramount importance to
me. As is JPEG decoding/displaying speed. (I want no fancy fade
ins/outs slowing things down by a factor of 10).

Has anyone any knowledge or comments to make on the above please?

--

Cheers
Roger