[Virtualacorn-list] Slow computer response

Dr Peter Young pnyoung at ormail.co.uk
Sat Oct 3 08:59:59 BST 2009

On 2 Oct 2009  Keith Pascall <klp at klpascall.plus.com> wrote:

> Hi all,

> I am getting a problem in Virtual RPC with typed letters being missed out.
> Not specific letters but random. It appears that occasional key presses
> are not being passed fast enough (or blocked by another operation) to
> Virtual RPS display before another one is pressed which is then
> displayed in its place (making my spelling look worse than it is) I do
> not have this problem if I work in Windows.

> Something seem to be halting/taking over the system.
> The disc drive light comes on briefly every few seconds, but no more
> than usual.

Just a thought, but could this:
http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=549&p=2141&hilit=priority

perhaps be relevant?

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter, \  /      zfc Yb       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.
family /  \__/ \_/ | \| \__/     \______________ pnyoung at ormail.co.uk