[Virtualacorn-list] New Beta HostFS for VirtualRPC on Mac OS X

ATimbrell at aol.com ATimbrell at aol.com
Thu Feb 19 12:50:23 GMT 2009

In a message dated 19/02/2009 10:57:48 GMT Standard Time, tim at powys.org

http://www.riscworld.co.uk/virtualacorn/vrpc-mac/hostfs.bundle_beta18thfeb09.zip

>Wow  again!

I am glad you are pleased and that you are seeing some decent
performance gains.

>I have repeated the tests that I last did in  August of last year which
>measured some disc access speeds to >be well below that of an  Iyonix.
>The speeds are now anything from twice to ninety times those of an  Iyonix:
>(HFS stands for Host Filing System)

<snip>

I never saw these orginal tests :-(
Were they forwarded to me?

Can I please remind everyone to forward any comments to the e-mail
address shown in the readme file supplied with this Beta update.

As a second point can everyone who has problems with the VirtualRPC
itself (e.g. not doing something it should or other unexpected  problems)
*please* report them to me directly.

I don't read newsgroups, I don't read all the postings on this list, I  don't
read all the RISC OS forums (apart from the VirtualAcorn one) as there
simply isn't enough time in a day.

Unless problems are reported directly they won't be looked at (unless
others who have had the same problem do report them).

Thanks

Aaron