[Virtualacorn-list] RISC OS 6 Installation Problem

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Mon Feb 9 13:57:57 GMT 2009

In article <gemini.kerupq006wkml01iw at wingsandbeaks.org.uk.invalid>,
   Jeremy Nicoll - virtualacorn <jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk> wrote:
> Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

> > I'm now scrabbling in the dark, but I've done series of inserting Echo
> > messages down the file, including one at the end and they all display
> > before the freeze happens.

> I run !Reporter on my system, starting very early in Boot, and one of
> the reasons I have the Echo lines in files is that the echoed contents
> appear in Reporter's log file as a constant reminder of what to expect.

Excellent bit O' info Jeremy, thanks.

I have Reporter running all the time, it is the first thing in the Boot
list, but something in your info has me a bit confused.

How would reporter have helped with my particular problem, considering
that the machine hadn't yet got out of the black screen initial display,
so it wouldn't have even run reperter at that time, and of course it never
got to the point where it could run Reporter, so there was no Reporter
running to report.

Dave

[Snip]