[Virtualacorn-list] ShareFS producing triplicate unusable files on VRPC

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Sun Sep 21 21:55:25 BST 2008

On 21 Sep, dave at triffid.co.uk wrote:

> How interesting. And I have read Aarons note about looking in to the
> problem, anyhow.

> Well folks, as I reported earlier I cannot even make it work badly even
> though I've tried quite hard today.
> Pushing the file from RiscPC to VRPC or t'other way around makes no
> difference, one file goes and one file arrives.
> Lucky old me, and in Vista at that.

> Dave S

Okay dokay, by changing the way the files were transferred via ShareFS, RO
to VRPC SE on an XP machine, I was able to reproduce Peter's 3 zero byte
files problem.

Returning to the Vista laptop and VRPC Adjust SA and again changing the
way the files were transferred, I was able to observe the same 3 file
problem there.

Cheers
Dave S

I'll also post this to the Forum