[Virtualacorn-list] ShareFS producing triplicate unusable files on VRPC

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Sun Sep 21 18:55:15 BST 2008

In article <gemini.k7jg510072mo0053k.pittdj at pittdj.co.uk>,
   David Pitt <pittdj at pittdj.co.uk> wrote:
> Dr Peter Young <pnyoung at ormail.co.uk> wrote:

> > On 21 Sep 2008  David Pitt <pittdj at pittdj.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> [snip]
> >
> > > I do see the same "triplication" in Vista as shown in Peter's jpeg
> > > above.
> > Ah, so it's not just me! I must go to the forum to report this, I
> > think. I wonder why it works for Dave on the dreaded Vista?

> It does depend on how the transfer is done.

> If data is "pushed" from RISC OS machine to VRPC, that is the copy is
> commanded from the RISC OS machine, then the fault occurs. Two files are
> seen in the VRPC share seen on the RISC OS machine and three on VRPC
> itself, RISC OS does not display the DEADDEAD entry.

> Do the move the other way round, on VRPC drag the data to VRPC then it
> works as it should.

> This is the same with both the Iyonix and RiscPC.

> "Dreaded Vista!!" I find Vista SP1 entirely fine in itself, things only
> start to go wrong when there is any involvement with RISC OS.
> Fortunately I have work arounds for all except one issue.

How interesting. And I have read Aarons note about looking in to the
problem, anyhow.

Well folks, as I reported earlier I cannot even make it work badly even
though I've tried quite hard today.
Pushing the file from RiscPC to VRPC or t'other way around makes no
difference, one file goes and one file arrives.
Lucky old me, and in Vista at that.

Dave S