[Virtualacorn-list] ShareFS producing triplicate unusable files on VRPC

ATimbrell at aol.com ATimbrell at aol.com
Fri Oct 24 09:12:21 BST 2008

mik.towse at xemik.com writes:

>> It's the new code for preserving datestamps that's causing the  problem.
>[snip]
>Is this fix generally available? It's the only  reason I still use an old
>version of VRPC (1.1). I find ROS is unusable  whilst VRPC changes the
>datestamp on copied files.

The fix isn't available at the moment due to the problem with ShareFS
file transfers that's been reported. Once this has been resolved and
subject to testing, the replacement HostFS will be generally  available.

>As an aside, can I install 6.10 on this version of  VRPC?

You will need to have the VRPC up to date with all the updates from
our website in order to install RISC OS 6.

Aaron (VirtualAcorn)