[Virtualacorn-list] RISC OS 6 Installation Problem

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Wed Oct 29 09:18:31 GMT 2008

The following is from Colin Wood, who is having problems posting to the list
(a problem which I'm unable to deal with at the moment due to incredible
stupidity on my part).

----8<----
Having had the Risc OS 6 disc since the Wakefield Show, I decided to instal
it tonight [13th Oct] on my VRPC-Adjust. Backed lots up, including !Boot,
then started.

Started !RO6Instal (installer version 1.42; 22 April 2006; r19612) - early
on got the error message - The installer cannot backup your !Boot sequence.
Please ensure thet the !Boot sequence is not locked or on a write-protected
area. Access violation.

Installation then stops - all installation icons disappear.

My access details for !Boot on HardDisc4 -
none of the radio icons have anything in them (Recurse is ticked).