[Virtualacorn-list] Enter key not functioning

Chris Newman cvjazz at waitrose.com
Tue Oct 21 13:48:10 BST 2008

In article <4ff157acafmichael at anotherday.me.uk>,
   Michael Chappell <michael at anotherday.me.uk> wrote:
> In article <gemini.k91fxc0011an20220 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk.invalid>, Jeremy
> Nicoll - virtualacorn <jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk> wrote:
> > Michael Chappell <michael at anotherday.me.uk> wrote:

> > > I've never noticed that on my VRPC.

> > I suppose it also depends on how busy the Windows-side of the machine is.
> > In my case I do use other Windows apps.  Do you?  Of course I don't
> > press Enter in VRPC until the window it is running in has focus, but I
> > get the impression that just because the window-frame is blue doesn't
> > mean that VRPC is ready for input.

> Actually, my apologies, I've just remembered that I did have something
> similar  but I cured it by altering the Virtualacorn Processor Priority

> http://virtualacorn.co.uk/support/articles/112/index.htm

Thanks for the link, Mike; I was wondering how you did that priority thingy.
I have now tried it. It made no difference to the Enter key problem but it
did make RiscOS 6 take about 20 minutes to load on top of my VA so I've gone
back to priority 0 & all is well (apart from the Enter key problem).

--
Chris