[Virtualacorn-list] Enter key not functioning

Chris Newman cvjazz at waitrose.com
Mon Oct 20 14:12:38 BST 2008

In article <gemini.k91fxc0011an20220 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk.invalid>,
   Jeremy Nicoll - virtualacorn <jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk> wrote:
> Michael Chappell <michael at anotherday.me.uk> wrote:

> > In article <gemini.k8ziwb00pwctr023o at wingsandbeaks.org.uk.invalid>, Jeremy
> > Nicoll - virtualacorn <jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk> wrote:

> > > I've found that Enter keypresses (and indeed mouse-clicks sometimes)
> > > need to be made, umm, firmly and definitely. ...

> > I've never noticed that on my VRPC.

> I suppose it also depends on how busy the Windows-side of the machine is.
> In my case I do use other Windows apps.  Do you?  Of course I don't press
> Enter in VRPC until the window it is running in has focus, but I get the
> impression that just because the window-frame is blue doesn't mean that VRPC
> is ready for input.

Thanks to all the folks who have replied so far. I've checked the things
you've suggested to no avail. I'm definitely hitting & holding & I'm
definitely waiting until all spurious activity has stopped before using the
key. This Enter key phenomenon has only recently appeared, suggesting
something has definitely changed
In the absence of Aaron from the Guildford show (he is apparently not well) I
talked to Dave Holden of APDL who agreed with me that all the "clearing out"
I've done on the Windows side may have changed/wiped out something important
to VA. He suggested re-installing VA to re-instate any suspect bits etc. When
I've got time I'll have a look at that & work out exactly how to do it
without losing any programmes/files etc.

--
Chris