[Virtualacorn-list] Enter key not functioning

Jeremy Nicoll - virtualacorn jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Sun Oct 19 13:04:59 BST 2008

Chris Newman <cvjazz at waitrose.com> wrote:

> The enter key has suddenly ceased to function properly. In a text editor
> or word processor it is very reluctant to give me a new line. If I press
> it 4 or 5 times or hold it down, it might condescend to do the job.

I've found that Enter keypresses (and indeed mouse-clicks sometimes) need to
be made, umm, firmly and definitely.  That is, they need to be held down for
a little longer than one would do under either native Windows or native RO.
It makes double-clicking harder to do because one has to slow down the first
click to make sure it is noticed.

I've assumed/guessed that what happens is that when the emulator gets cpu
time it doesn't look for keypresses immediately - maybe it's busy doing
something else, or maybe a windows keyboard buffer gets flushed before it
starts looking.