[Virtualacorn-list] An Iyonix Replacement?

Tim Powys-Lybbe tim at powys.org
Fri Oct 17 22:46:21 BST 2008

In message of 17 Oct, "David J. Ruck" <druck at druck.org.uk> wrote:

> Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim at powys.org> wrote:
> > Just to muddy the waters a tad, on my Mac VRPC I seem to be able to get a
> > large VRAM with no trouble and when using RISC OS 4.39.  The screen mode
> > is 1280x1024 with 16 million colours and with a frame rate of 75Hz. The
> > 'Screen memory' on the Tasks display is 5120K.  So my guess is that this
> > config provides 8M of VRAM.
>
> Is that 4.39 the Select 3i4 softload, or 4.39 VRPC-Adjust in SE or SA
> versions?

The latter.  The info on the four cogs icon on the iconbar says:

  4.39 (28 Apr 2004) [Kernel 6.80]

> We need a clear list of what version of the emulator can do what with which
> soft/hard loaded version of the OS.

Agreed as there are a few funnies here for this emulator and I do not
know if anyone else has had them.  Perhaps it is time for me to repeat
my list of these odd-balls; watch this space.

Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim at powys.org
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/