[Virtualacorn-list] Floating point arithmetic

ATimbrell at aol.com ATimbrell at aol.com
Thu Oct 9 10:46:41 BST 2008

ralph_valmai at ntlworld.com writes:

>Lack of hardware for floating point arithmetic has been a problem for
>most RISC OS machines for a long time. So can I ask the following
>questions?

>Does VA use the Acorn floating point emulator or  does it use the host
>machine's fp unit?

VRPC's use the floating point emulator in RISC OS, rather than the
floating point unit built into the host machines CPU. We did
investigate a "soft floating point" podule to provide enhanced FPU
performance - but there is so little RISC OS software that really
makes use of floating point - so it wasn't considered worthwhile.

Aaron