[Virtualacorn-list] VirtualRPC Speed Comparisons...

David Pitt pittdj at pittdj.co.uk
Thu Oct 9 09:43:08 BST 2008

Roger Darlington <rogerarm at freeuk.com> wrote:

> On 8 Oct 2008, David Pitt wrote:
[snip]

> > Using 32bit Bogomips (UPP) and Dhrystones :-
> >
> > Platform                                 BogoMips   Dhrystones
> > Iyonix OS5.13                       593              850340
> > A9home OS4.42                 192               675675
> > VRPC Vista                          422              613120
> > VRPC WindowsXP SP3     218              300380
> > Kinetic300 OS6.06             192               513620
> >
> So, ignoring BogoMips which the Iyonix doesn't run, and looking only at
> the Dhrystones, that is a very telling picture: the Iyonix is about 2.8x
> faster than VRPC on WinXP (unspecified processor, unspecified GHz), and
> 1.3x faster on VRPC Vista (unspecified processor, unspecified GHz).

Vista             - Intel Core2Duo T7300   2GHz
WindowsXP - Intel Celeron                 1.4GHz

Bogomips did run on the Iyonix, the result is above.

Bogomips is a 32bit application file, !Desk_Bogo which returns a bogomips
value is a 26bit application. These are two different things.

I did not think the speed values I measured here to be surprising in any
way. To get Iyonix like speeds does need a fast processor, and my XP laptop
is bit on the leisurely side with Windows. There is more to overall
performance than just dhrystones.

This is an oversimplification but if my Vista laptop had a 2.6GHz processor
its dhrystones would be on a par with the Iyonix.
--
David Pitt