[Virtualacorn-list] VirtualRPC Speed Comparisons...

Roger Darlington rogerarm at freeuk.com
Thu Oct 9 07:49:57 BST 2008

On 8 Oct 2008, David Pitt wrote:
> lists <Stuartlists at orpheusinternet.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> On 08 Oct, <ATimbrell at aol.com> wrote:
>> > REAL MACHINE -----------------------
>> >
>> > OS : RISC OS 4.02 Processor : StrongArm 202Mhz BogoMips : 98
>>
>> I am glad you have done that as I was wondering.
>>
>> I'd like to know how my Kinetic 4.39 would compare.
>
> Another Real Machine
>
> OS          : RISC OS 4.39
> Processor   : Kinetic300
> BogoMips    : 147
>
> !Desk_Bogo is 26bit so cannot say anything useful about the Iyonix.
>

> Using 32bit Bogomips (UPP) and Dhrystones :-
>
> Platform            BogoMips   Dhrystones
> Iyonix OS5.13       593        850340
> A9home OS4.42       192        675675
> VRPC Vista          422        613120
> VRPC WindowsXP SP3  218        300380
> Kinetic300 OS6.06   192        513620

So, ignoring BogoMips which the Iyonix doesn't run, and looking only
at the Dhrystones, that is a very telling picture: the Iyonix is about
2.8x faster than VRPC on WinXP (unspecified processor, unspecified
GHz), and 1.3x faster on VRPC Vista (unspecified processor,
unspecified GHz).

--

Cheers
Roger