[Virtualacorn-list] VirtualRPC Speed Comparisons...

Roger Darlington rogerarm at freeuk.com
Thu Oct 9 07:59:30 BST 2008

On 8 Oct 2008, David Pitt wrote:
> OS         : Windows XP SP3
> Processor  : Intel Celeron 1.4GHz
> BogoMips   : 186
>
> OS         : Vista
> Processor  : Intel Core2Duo T7300 2GHz
> BogoMips   : 372
>
> ----------------------
> Time to load 4MB jpeg in to Variations :-
>
> Iyonix       - 20secs
> VRPC (Vista) -  5secs

Do you mean load it into Variations as a picture to image process?
With 3x3 views? or 5x5 views?

Or time to load it into Variations as a slide show?

So here are my timings for both situations:

4MB jpeg Into Variations as a image processing file, 3x3 views.: 5s

4MB jpeg into Variations as a slide (a ladscape format piccy into
1920x1200 screen, at 'scale fit' setting and into a RISCOS window (not
straight onto a black screen): 3s.

So, right away I seem to be at Variance with David Pitts result. My
Iyonix seems to be 4x to 6x faster than his :-))

--

Cheers
Roger