[Virtualacorn-list] Speed of Iyonix??

ATimbrell at aol.com ATimbrell at aol.com
Tue Oct 7 09:30:59 BST 2008

rogerarm at freeuk.com writes:

>> Depends on the application - in some extreme cases I  would
>> expect 2 x the performance - or perhaps even  more.

>I don't wish to argue with you, but how do you account  for a test
>Mac 3.2GHz SA-VRPC but only about 20 seconds on the  Iyonix?

>That seems to me to be about 40% of the speed of an Iyonix?
>Admittedly, that is only one test, but why such a huge difference in
>this case?

There isn't enough information for me to say why the difference.
What media was the file being loaded from?
Which filing system?
What else was running at the time?
How much RAM was configured for VRPC?
(if it's still the default 32Mb then that would account for the  slowness)

Was this your machine?

Aaron