[Virtualacorn-list] An Iyonix Replacement?

David J. Ruck druck at druck.org.uk
Mon Oct 6 12:06:12 BST 2008

Roger Darlington <rogerarm at freeuk.com> wrote:
> At some time in the future, maybe not long, I will need to replace my
> Iyonix.
>
> On the Iyonix I use a graphics resolution of 2048 x 1536 at full 24-bit
> colour. I will wish to have the capability of upgrading to even better
> res than this (at 24bit colour).

I am also very intrested in this, having expressly purchased an upgrade to
VRPC-SA (from SE) on the understanding that a driver for RISC OS 6
would address these display issues. That was at the South East show this
time last year, and I have not heard of any progress.

> I also wish to use hard drives (fully addressable by RO) up to 1TB or
> maybe even more.

If using HostFS, any size of drive the native machine can use, can be
accessed from RISC OS.

Cheers
---Dave

Email: druck at druck.org.uk