[Virtualacorn-list] Trouble after last upgrade

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Sun Dec 14 13:59:54 GMT 2008

In article <d14.3c6d05b5.36766150 at aol.com>,
   VA <atimbrell at aol.com> wrote:
> In a message dated 13/12/2008 21:25:56 GMT Standard Time,  dave at triffid.co.uk
> writes:

> >> Drawfile,aff.txt

> >No the entries are all clean.

> >> Or is the file like this?

> >>  Drawfile.txt

> >Yes, all entries are clean.

> >>  Secondly on which mount are these files? Are they on the main
> >>  HardDisc4 mount? or elsewhere?
> >>
> >> If they are not on  the main HardDisc4 is the HostFS "Show DOS
> >> extensions" option ticked  for this mount.

> >On the main Hardisc4 but it doesn't matter here,  either way the file
> >typing remains errant.
>
> OK, lets make sure I have this correct.
>
> The files themselves are fine and are correctly named. However
> the new HostFS itself is displaying them incorrectly.

Yes that is correct, they are displayed with a filetype of Text, and that
cannot be re-filetyped.

> So if the new HostFS is replaced with an older one the files
> then are shown correctly?

Not immediately, when you reboot with the older HostFS the files are still
showing the errant filetype (text), the file has to be retyped with the
correct filetype which works and stays.

> So, the files themselves are not corrupted, it's the display
> of these files by HostFS that is the problem. Is that correct?

Yes!

Cheers
Dave