[Virtualacorn-list] Virtual Acorn Boot Problem

John Rye jrye at ukonline.co.uk
Wed Dec 31 15:57:53 GMT 2008

Hello All

I have just tried to upgrade to Select 6.14 on my Alpha Lap Top PC.

This Lap Top has the annoying habit of forgetting that it has a CD drive.

Anyway after some adventures with Fonts that were not recognised I thought I
was home and dry. I had the new operating system running, and a quick test
with a couple of programmes indicated that all was well.

At this point I thought I would update the Applications off the CD, and watch
the videos. At this point I discovered that the computer had forgotten its CD
drive. No problem just shut everything down and reboot Windows XP. This
restores the CD Drive.

Right Double Click on Virtual Acorn, and away we go. NO !!! The hourglass
comes up for 2 or 3 seconds, but the programme does not appear.

I am now not sure what to do. Is there any debugging available in Virtual
Acorn ? Do I have to unistall Virtual Acorn and then Reinstall it ? If I
uninstall do I need to take any precautions to avoid losing my data on
HardDisc4 ?

Any suggestions welcomed

John

--