[Bru-list] Extra meeting to sample the wares of the Black Castle?

Vince M Hudd atdotcodotuk at dotcodotukat.co.uk
Tue Dec 4 19:26:58 GMT 2018

On 04/12/2018 17:17, Trevor Johnson via Bru-list wrote:

> Venue's here, right?

> https://www.greeneking-pubs.co.uk/pubs/avon/castle/find-us/

Yup - that's the one.

For anyone driving, AFAICS, the car park is the Sainsbury's one, which
has a three hour maximum stay. I'm not sure how it's enforced (e.g. with
cameras) so it might not be worth risking it. Or you could drive in,
look for cameras, and make your decision based on whether you see any ;)
There is a lay-by on St Phillips Causeway, on the same side as the Black
Castle, opposite the Shell garage, but I don't know if there are any
restrictions in place - but if you go past that and turn left at the
lights onto Sandy Park Road, I *think* it's okay to park on one side for
most of the first part, up to the bridge. It might even be okay as you
approach the shops - there's limited parking, but it could be for during
the day; just check the signage to make sure.

> See you tomorrow, 1930 for 2015 :-)

Indeed.

My normal policy for group meetings is to head straight to the venue
from where I'm working - at that particular client, there is someone who
doesn't leave until 6:00pm, so I stay until then.

However, he's now left, so I'll have to leave much earlier - which means
I'll probably head home, and then drive in closer to the actual time.

--
Vince M Hudd - Soft Rock Software   - www.softrock.co.uk
                RISCOSitory          - www.riscository.com