[Bru-list] Website

Vince M Hudd atdotcodotuk at dotcodotukat.co.uk
Wed Jan 13 09:11:45 GMT 2016

Jim Nagel <bru at abbeypress.co.uk> wrote:
> Vince M Hudd  wrote on 12 Jan:
> > Again... comments? Observations? Suggestions? "Aaaaargh, no!"s?

> Had a shufti:  Coming along nicely, Vince.

Ta.

> One curious Q:  why does the Hope&Anchor site take soooo looooong to
> render in Netsurf?  (#2968; I must update).  I thought Netsurf had hung up
> but then the page appeared.  My first suspicion was 10-megabyte photos,
> but full save from Netsurf shows that ain't so.

AAMOI, what are you running it on?

On my ARMX6, it does seem to take longer than most I've visited, but it's no
longer than I wait (for example) for HSBC's business site to initially load
and display with Firefox on Windows.

Glancing at it now, I suspect the problem is the CSS. There are eight files
that I can see, three of which are very long - and probably very
complicated. (Blimey, one of them has a "table of contents" at the start!)

> Had rather hoped to make the meeting this month, for the first time in
> ages, but I'm lying low with a stinking cold.

Never mind - there's always next time, or the time after that, or the time
after that... ;)

--
Vince M Hudd
Soft Rock Software

Don't forget to vote in the 2015 RISC OS Awards:
www.riscosawards.co.uk/vote2015.html