[Bru-list] Thursday evening - evening meal?

Vince M Hudd atdotcodotuk at dotcodotukat.co.uk
Wed Feb 24 20:51:55 GMT 2016

Trevor Johnson <trevor.johnson at laposte.net> wrote:

> Cool! I'd love to come along, especially as I'm not going to be able to
> make the show. (Alternative child computer thing going on in town -

So, that's a computer thing for alternative children, then? ;)

> parental attendance encouraged.) Will need to get away home around 9-ish
> tomorrow, though. Usual venue fine with me but have also eaten in Eldon
> House, or there are a few places round King St, which may be simpler for
> Bryan depending on how he's travelling. What time's he expecting to arrive
> in town? Cheers and see you tomorrow evening :-)

Bryan may very well see and reply to this himself, but from an email
earlier, he's expecting to get into Bristol for around 2:00pm so he can get
some sightseeing in tomorrow as well as Friday.

On the list of planned visits is Cabot Tower, so the Hope and Anchor or
Eldon House would be ideal for that; finish tomorrow at the tower and drop
straight into the pub - quite literally in the case of the Hope and Anchor,
because I think there's an exit from Brandon Hill onto the road very close
to the pub. (By the Avon Wildlife Trust place a couple of doors down IIRC,
if not there's definitely one at the bottom of the road.)

I'll aim to get there (whichever of the two) a little after six - so I can
park as usual on Jacobs Wells Road or Hotwells Road.

--
Vince M Hudd
Soft Rock Software