[Webchange-list] Error message

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Thu May 10 00:47:07 BST 2012

Brian Jordan <brian.jordan9 at btinternet.com> wrote:

[snip details]

> After this the program needs to be quit and restarted before it will do
> anything useful? Have I found a bug or is this a WimpSlot issue.

I think you may have found *two* bugs, if you had to quit and restart it.

The front and back-ends are two separate programs deliberately: The
front-end is literally just the WIMP stuff, and it runs the back-end to
actually *do* anything - which runs as a separate task. Therefore if the
back-end does go wrong, as it has here, it shouldn't affect the front-end.

So if it did, that's the second bug (with the cause of the error being the
first).

Is there any chance you could zip up your site and send it to me (but not to
the list, obviously)? (It seems like it could be the ideal source of test
files to try to recreate the problem!)

--
Soft Rock Software:                   http://www.softrock.co.uk
Vince M Hudd:                         http://misc.vinceh.com/about-vinceh/