[Webchange-list] Search and Replace

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Tue Mar 15 15:55:59 GMT 2011

Tim Hill <tim at timil.com> wrote:
> In article <mpro.li24op000bga0063o.vince at softrock.co.uk>, Vince M Hudd
> <vince at softrock.co.uk> wrote:
> > Tim Hill <tim at timil.com> wrote:

> Many thanks for the swift reply.

[...]

> I tried that and it now says "Error 1004: unrecognised command, process or
> variable ()". :-(

> You must have forgotten something else you changed.  ;-)

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. However, I think I know what it is.

> FileReplace.ChangeFrom = "RAM::RamDisc0.$.search"
> FileReplace.ChangeTo = "RAM::RamDisc0.$.replace"

There are two versions of those two variables - one for the basic search and
replace, and a second pair that work alongside them for the 'alternating'
search and replace. The first pair, which needs to be used in your case,
are:

FileReplace.ChangeFrom_1
and
FileReplace.ChangeTo_1

If the ancient manual documents them as lacking the _1 suffix, it may have
been that I made it possible to use them like that before, but forgot to
carry that forward into the new version.

At least, that's my guess as to the problem - I won't be anywhere near my
RISC OS machine to check until early tomorrow evening, and then I'll only
have a brief chance to look.

--
Soft Rock Software:                   http://www.softrock.co.uk
Vince M Hudd:                         http://misc.vinceh.com/about-vinceh/