[Webchange-list] Version 2.95.17 Now Online

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Sun Jun 27 21:22:09 BST 2010

If you would care to point your web browsers in the direction of:

http://riscos-users.webchange.co.uk/

With the aid of your usernames and passwords, you will be able to
partake of version 2.95.17 - this version includes the minor updates I
mentioned the other day, another bug fix, and the now implemented index list
function.

This function's purpose is inadequately described in the old manual here:

http://www.webchange.co.uk/rum/mainf.html#indx

(ie it's an 'old' function of WebChange finally re-implemented).

An important difference between the old version and the new one, though, is
that while the old version just put the results in the file as it found
them, this version puts them in a temporary file and then sorts it into
alphabetical order, before using the result of *that* to generate the file.

Well, that's the theory. It seems to work here on my test folder. Hopefully,
it'll work in the wild as well!

Now, when I started working on that last night, I thought that would be it,
but as I uploaded it I realised there *was* still another thing to be done:
the statistics! The window is there, but the data isn't being generated as
yet! Doh!

Hopefully, I'll be able to look at that either tomorrow or tuesday evening.

(And another "Doh!" - Doh! I've just realised another instance where a temp
file should be cleared (one of the minor fixes in this version), but isn't.
I'll fix that at the same time.

--
Vince M Hudd             :::          Soft Rock Software
http://misc.vinceh.com   :::   http://www.softrock.co.uk

Is there any scope for a new Bristol RISC OS user group?
            See: http://www.riscository.com