[Webchange-list] Beta Version Now Available

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Sat May 17 13:29:25 BST 2008

I wrote:

> This is the version that was being demonstrated at Wakefield. I've
> done no further work on it between then and now, and I'll hold back
> on doing any more for the next couple of weeks - I'm more interested
> in making sure what's there is working, before doing anything else,

A couple of weeks have now passed with no problems reported - so I
guess it's time to start doing something between other tasks.

In fact, I have done a couple of things, though nothing significant:

1) The keyboard now works where appropriate in all windows (eg
   pressing return is equivalent to clicking on the default action
   button): in the release version, a small bug meant this was
   only working in the main window.

2) A new function has been added. Using the existing script
   language, it can be called using:

   Files.FixCommaTypes

   What it does is scan through whatever folders/files are
   set, looking for files whose name ends in ,xxx where xxx is
   a hexadecimal filetype. Upon encountering such a file, it
   sets the filetype to that hex value, then renames the file
   without it.

   So, for example, "myfile,fff" would become "myfile" with
   filetype &fff (text).

This (version 2.95.02) is now available to download from the following
page:

http://riscos-users.webchange.co.uk

This is the URL I will be using from now on for WebChange Pro
downloads.

--
Vince M Hudd
Soft Rock Software